Toric Multifocal Contact Lenses:
Do They Really Work?
Dr. Becherer, owner of Dr. Becherer & Associates located in the greater St. Louis area, discusses the frustrating experiences of toric multifocal contact lenses that don’t adequately solve the unique optical challenges of presbyopic patients.
He explains why these struggles may be happening and how the SpecialEyes 54 Multifocal Toric, a unique pupil-optimized lens with customizable optics, can be a solution for you and your patients.
Topics discussed in the webinar include:
- Clinical frustrations with multifocal contact lens prescribing and what to do about it
- Specifics on lens design and prescribing in relation to pupil size
- Benefits of customization and the SpecialEyes Multifocal Simulator
- Comparison of fixed multifocal optics versus custom multifocal optics during the fitting process
- Three-step fitting process and indications for fitting this lens
- Review of toric multifocal case studies and distance center indications
- Discussion pertaining to practice benefits and lens parameters
Listen to this 3 minute audio clip where a webinar attendee asks about chair time when fitting the SpecialEyes 54 Multifocal Toric. Dr. Becherer and representatives from SpecialEyes answer the question.